Discipline is the law of nature. Without it, nothing works. Inculcating discipline amongst children is the most significant aspect of education not confined to school alone. Parents, too, must co-operate with the school in observing these norms :
Irregular attendance, unjustified or unexplained absence from school, habitual late coming, leaving the school premises without permission, disobedience and any type of unruly and objectionable behaviour are considered to be grave acts of indiscipline on the part of a student which can lead to his/her expulsion from the school.
- Students on their way to and from the school are expected to deport themselves in a responsible manner. Being on the road in any mode of transport entails caution, care and attention to safety rules.
- Students who expect to reach home late after the school due to personal reasons must inform their parents/guardians in advance.
- Students are expected to take proper care of the school property. It is there for their convenience. They should not break any item of furniture and fixtures within the school.
- They should not write, scratch or engrave graffiti on desks, chairs and other surfaces.
- They should not damage or remove things belonging to other students.
- Damage done even by accident must be reported at once to the Principal/Headmistress/Class Teacher. Anyone who notices something damaged must report the matter to any of the personnel mentioned above.
- If a student causing damage to the school property is identified, he/she will be charged with a fine.
- In the event of collective damage to school property in a classroom, the entire class occupying that classroom will be charged the cost of the damages.
- The school is not to be held responsible for the loss of personal belongings. It is not advisable for students to bring valuables to the school.
- Parents are requested not to give more than Rs. 50/- to their ward. If for some reason, he has to bring more, written information must be sent to the class teacher.
- Running and shouting in the school premises is not allowed. While using staircases and corridors, all must keep to the left. Loitering in the lobby and the office areas is strictly forbidden even during recess.
- Students are strictly forbidden from purchasing eatables from unauthorized vendors/hawkers near the school premises.
- No money collection for any purpose is allowed to be made in the school without prior permission of the Principal.
- At the end of the each terminal examination/unit tests, all students are issued their report cards which are to be signed by their parents/guardians within three days of the receipt of the card and then returned to the school.
- Bus monitors and teacher escorts are responsible for orderly behaviour in the bus. They must ensure that only those students who hold a valid bus pass are travelling in the bus. Any unruly and indisciplined behavior while travelling in the bus will result in expulsion from the bus facility.
- It is compulsory for all students to attend the assembly.
- All our students should observe high standards in their general get up, deportment and conduct.
- Use of foul unparliamentary language is a punishable offence.
- In order to acquire competency in spoken English, all students must converse in English while they are in school.
- Using unfair means in a test or examination is a grave offence. A student who is found using unfair means will be awarded zero in the subject and will be issued a strict warning. Repetition of the same offence will result in his/her expulsion from the school.
- Students are not permitted to carry cellular phones and pagers to the school. They are not allowed to use school phones without permission. They cannot be called to the school offices to attend to phone calls during school hours. However, in case of emergency, the telephone in the office may be used by the students.
- Students are not allowed to drive motorized vehicles such as cars, scooters and motorcycles within or outside the school.
- A student indulging in any act of indiscipline could be given severe punishment, as severe as suspension/rustication from the school.
Leave Rules for Students
No Half Day Leave is permitted. In case of any family function or other programme, parents are requested not to send the child to the school.
- Children are expected to attend school regularly. Under affiliation bye-laws of the Central Board of Secondary Education, all students, especially those appearing in the Board Examination, are expected to log in a minimum attendance of 75% of the total working days in the academic session. As such, no leave of absence is granted unless parents/guardians submit an application well in advance on solid and plausible grounds for absence.
- In case of sickness for any period of time, a Medical Certificate must be attached with the leave application.
- For absence from the school without duly sanctioned leave, a fine @ Rs. 5/- per day is charged.
- If an unauthorised absence exceeds a period of 15 days it shall be presumed that the parents are not willing to continue the child to study at GMS and one month notice period required for T.C. shall start on the 16th day of such unauthorised absence and charges shall be levied accordingly. If the parents want the child to resume classes it shall be done only with the permission of the school management alongwith payment of a penalty of
Norms relating to withdrawal of a student from the school
Withdrawal of a student from the school is necessitated under certain circumstances either in the student's family or in the school itself. The norms followed in this respect are given below. Parents must read these norms carefully and comply with them.
- If a student needs to be withdrawn from the school, the parents/guardians of that student must submit a notice in writing, a month in advance, failing which all school charges for a month in lieu of the notice period will be charged.
- A student can also be asked by the school to be withdrawn on academic or disciplinary grounds including submission of false information to the school at the time of admission. Disciplinary action may even involve expulsion. The Principal's decision in such matters is final.
- Misbehaviour on the part of parents/guardians with any member of the school staff may also lead to withdrawal of the student from the school.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) on withdrawal is issued only after all the school dues are cleared by the parents/guardians.
- The school makes Transport arrangements for the children through its own fleet of buses.
- Students availing the Transport facility are required to keep their student identity card with them at all times, while travelling in the bus.
- Unauthorised travelling in the buses is viewed as a serious offence and can lead to a fine of Rs. 500/-.
- Parents are expected to co-operate with the school by ensuring that their children travelling in the buses report at their embarking points well on time, carry their identity card with them all the time and behave in a disciplined way, in the interest of their own safety as well as that of the other users.
- In case of any problem or any mishap the parents are advised to avoid any altercation with drivers and conductors. They should immediately contact the school authorities on the phone numbers given on the bus, or the phone numbers given in the almanac. The school will ensure appropriate action in such circumstances. For any information whatsoever, parents are expected not to rely on any information that they may get from drivers and conductors. For information related to their ward and the academic process, timing or working day, they should contact the school directly.
- International vandalism such as breaking window-panes, tearing and cutting of seats covers, defecting the interior of the bus and any other related offence will result in heavy damage penalty and expulsion from the facility.
- Parents are requested to study the specified routs and opt for those which suit them the best. Please remember that it is not possible to cater to individual requirements at the cost of time and distance.
- In case there is a genuine grievance, it should be submitted in writing to the Teacher escorting the bus or to the Administrative Officer, for appropriate action.
- The use of bus facility cannot be discontinued in the middle of a session. It may, however, be discontinued latest by 10th July, in case of transfer/change of address, after submitting an application to the Administrative Officer 15 days in advance.
School Terms and Timings
The academic year in our school is divided into two terms :
Summer Term : April 1st to October 31st
Winter Term : November 1st to March 31st
Nursery, L.K.G., U.K.G. : 07:50 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. (Summers)
08:20 a.m. to 01:15 p.m. (Winters)
Class I to V : 07:50 a.m. to 01:40 p.m. (Summers)
Class VI to XII : 07:50 a.m. to 01:40 p.m.
Class I to XII : 08:20 a.m. to 02:00 p.m. (Winters)
Timings for winter session to be changed according to weather conditions.
The Office Hours
The office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The school office will remain closed on second Saturday of every month.
Visiting Hours : Principal
9:00 to 11:00 a.m. on all working days.